We're Celebrating Events all Summer Long!
Posted on July 11 2019
by Alanis Stallknecht
Now that the Fourth of July is over, you might be thinking, what now? No worries, there’s plenty of events left to enjoy in Montana this summer. Here’s a list of events scattered across Montana, as well as events close to The Montana Scene locations.
- Each Monday in Bigfork, the Bigfork Village Market begins at 5:00 p.m. and ends at 7:30 pm. Food and Music are available at Brookside yard.
- This year Bigfork Summer Playhouse is featuring shows, such as The Totally Radical 80’s revue, Oklahoma!, Seussical the Musical, Catch Me If You Can, The Wedding Singer & The Hits of the 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s. Dates and times can be found online at http://bigforksummerplayhouse.com.
- August 3rd-4th: Bigfork Festival of the Arts, a favorite among artists, will include art, craft, food, music, and entertainment.
- September 2nd: Rumble in the Bay Car Show, Bigfork’s 11th Annual car, truck, and motorcycle show.
l Photo from Bigfork Summer Playhouse l
- Each Tuesday, the Whitefish Farmers Market begins at 5:00 p.m. and ends at 7:30 p.m. Live music, prepared food, and the season's freshest products are featured.
- July 26th-27th: Brash Summer Series Rodeo, at the Blue Moon Arena. Events include bull riding, saddle bronc riding, bareback riding, steer riding, team roping, barrel racing, breakaway roping, and chute dogging.
- August 9th-11th: Huckleberry Days 2019 at Depot Park. 100+ vendors will be selling handcrafted art items and food. Community local talent, face painting, and climbing wall will be featured as well.
- August 14th-17th: Whitefish Theatre Company presents "Boeing Boeing," each night starting at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25.
l Photo from The Whitefish Pilot from Huckleberry Days l
- Every Monday, Tacos, Beer and Live Music will be held at Sunrift Beer Company.
- Every Tuesday, Tiki Tuesday at Spinnaker Bar and Grill will host live music from 4:00-6:30 pm. Happy hour and Mai Tai drink specials will be served as well.
- Every Friday, Fridays on the front porch! will begin from 5- 8 p.m. at Great Northern Resort with a front porch for live local music, freshly grilled dinner options, local beers, and local distillery tastings.
- Each Saturday, Kalispell Farmers Market beings at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 12:30 p.m.
l Photo from Kalispell Chamber from The Kalispell Farmers Market l
- July 13th: Northwest Margarita Fest at Caras Park from 1-8 p.m.
- July 20th: Fairy Tale and Superhero Festival for children. Children dress as their favorite fairy-tale character or superhero to take part in various crafts projects and receive small gifts. The event is free and dressing up is optional.
- July 23rd: Kid Fest 2019 at Caras Park.
- August 7th: Western Montana Fair.
- August 22nd: River City Roots Festival, recognized as the 2009 Montana Tourism Event of the Year.
- August 31st: The Crazy Wine Dash, a 5k run, with plenty of wine to go around!
l Photo from The Crazy Wine Dash l
- July 18th: Big Sky Country State Fair.
- August 3rd: 2019 Summer SLAM Festival, where artists from around the state of Montana will be exhibiting their work.
- July 23rd: Norah Jones at Brick Breeden Fieldhouse.